The Gold Camp Association (GCA), a collection of non-profits, businesses, and government elements, is a vibrant and growing organization. As you may recall, the GCA is planning, organizing, coordinating, promoting, and holding events in the Gold Camp District during the 2022 calendar year and beyond. Our purpose is to conduct family-friendly events in the area for the benefit of the District’s economic development and sustainment.
What are we doing? We’ve:
- Developed a logo and tag line—Elevate your adventures…experience the Gold Camp!
- Worked with the cities of Cripple Creek and Victor to update the large two-sided tourist maps with current points of interest, shops, restaurants, lodging, churches, parks, casinos, and related features. These maps are critical for tourists to know where to shop, eat, stay, and play.
- Committed to working/supporting a dozen (and growing) events in the district including July 4th, Victor Gold Rush Days, Donkey Derby Day, Aspen Tours, Memorial Service at Mt. Pisgah cemetery, the Christmas Season events, and others.
- Registered with the State of Colorado as a non-profit organization and opened a bank account with donated funds.
- Developed Articles of Incorporation and By-laws to register as a charitable non-profit with the IRS. Also, created a GCA business plan.
- Organized our volunteers into five teams: leadership, marketing, events, volunteers, and technology. These teams are focused on enhancing our events and operations. The marketing team identified multiple web and social media sites, e-mail distribution lists, tourism sites, printed and digital media connections, and other advertising networks to quickly broadcast our event information.
- Worked with the communities to educate and solicit support for our mission. So far, we have over 30 member and associate organizations in the area who are aligned with us and our purpose. Thank You!
We are excited about 2022 and the future! The GCA members and associates list is growing, so please join in the fun. More information will be forthcoming as the 2022 event plans and activities are worked and finalized.
Elevate your adventures…experience the Gold Camp! Please contact email@example.com for additional information about upcoming events and joining in the local excitement.