The Cripple Creek City Council would like to provide the following information to the Cripple Creek Community as an update to Council activities and notable events within our area.
– Curb and gutter repairs have been completed. As a result of new curb painting, 98 new additional parking spaces were created in town.
– The Cripple Creek & Victor Gold Mine has opened their storefront at the street level of the Elk’s Club, located at 371 East Bennett Avenue .
– The Cripple Creek Community Cleanup Day was a big success. Another Cleanup Day will be scheduled this fall, and we hope you will take advantage of this great service!
– The City has updated the tourism website atwww.VisitCrippleCreek.com. Please visit the website for area information, event listings, and more.
– All City Council members went on a field trip with the City’s water attorneys to review the City’s water resources. The Cripple Creek Public Works Department will be sending out Water Conservation ~ Best Practices information so that we can all work together to protect and conserve our valuable water resources.
– Please join us for the Salute to American Veterans Rally Event and Recognition Ride on August 17 – 19.
– Many thanks to the Cripple Creek and Victor Junior High and High School, the Cripple Creek Parks & Recreation Department, the Cripple Creek Police Department, the Cripple Creek Fire Department, the Butte Theater, Cripple Creek’s supportive and generous casinos, and everyone who supported the evacuation center during the Waldo Canyon Fire. Your tireless efforts made an incredible, positive impact on those displaced by the fire and those that observed our community come together quickly and effectively.
Please feel free to contact the Mayor or any City Council Member if you have questions or concerns. Contact information can be located on the City Website at www.CrippleCreekGov.com. We encourage you to attend our Council Meetings which are scheduled for the first and third Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.
Thank you for your interest and support,
The Mayor and Council of the City of Cripple Creek