The Teller County Sheriff’s Office – Honorary Deputy Sheriff’s Association (HDSA) has announced the 2nd annual fund-raising event August 11-12, 2012 at M-Lazy-C Ranch in Lake George.
The event is being held to raise resources for the Teller County Emergency Response Team to purchase equipment and attend training classes. Event organizers hope to raise $10,000 with the two-day event. Due to the nature of extremely violent criminals who carry assault type weapons today it’s necessary that ERT’s have the skills to protect citizens and enforce laws. Commander Les Lewis’ 15 member ERT is tasked with day-to-day situations where quick solutions to difficult problems must be created.
“Even in Teller County, — let’s not forget the Texas 7 – we are in the age of extremely violent criminals who now carry assault type weapons. It is a necessity that units have specialized training in weapons and tactics,” Lewis said. Individuals who register for the event will have the opportunity to participate in the following:
· Take a concealed handgun Certification Class (or a Handgun refresher course)
· Compete in realistic live fire scenarios designed to test your skills
· Test your skills and abilities
· Watch live fire demonstrations
· Meet Tactical team members
· Enjoy a M-Lazy-C Ranch BBQ and Awards Participants will receive a detailed event package with event and safety guidelines upon registration.
Participants are asked to bring the following equipment: a handgun, 150 rounds of ammunition for each day, an appropriate holster for the weapon you will be training with, extra magazines and or speed loaders, a light weight jacket or vest, eye and ear protection. RSVP at 791.304.5706