Newmont CC/V Mine recently awarded Woodland Park School District a total of $20,000 to teachers and staff during the Board of Education meeting held November 14. A total of 25 grants applications were received requesting over $72,700. The funds will be used for various projects within the schools that positively impact Woodland Park students.
Congratulations to the following recipients:
- BOCES Transition Laptop Refurbishing Work Experience
- Columbine Elementary School: Cooperative and Interactive Games
- Columbine Elementary School: Fall Symphony Trip
- Columbine Elementary School: Retired Teacher Program
- Summit Elementary School: Dorothy Library Guided Reading
- Summit Elementary School: Lego Wedo Robotics
- Woodland Park High School: Hydration Stations
- Woodland Park High School: Marching Band Instrument Repair/Replacement
- Woodland Park High School: WILD Keystone Science School Aquatics Training
- Woodland Park Middle School: 6th Grade Retreat Camp
- Woodland Park Middle School: Challenger Learning Center
- Woodland Park School District: Crossing Guard Stop Signs
Mike Elvidge from Newmont CC/V Mines made the presentations to the recipients.
The Board of Education meets at 6 p.m. on the second Wednesday of every month. All meetings are open to the public.